Thursday, February 4, 2016

Club scrap and Cherry on Top Challenge

When I got this kit and saw the challenge on Cherry on Top I knew exactly what my first layout was going to be. The challenge was a sketch challenge from Becky Fletch. My granddaughters ( I was SO proud) donated there long beautiful hair to Locks of Love, a charity that makes wigs for children who have cancer and lost their hair. I know Becky is a very charitable with breast cancer, so I thought this only fitting. Another bonus was this kit from Club Scrap called "Crewel and Unusual", which is so pretty and so different from anything I've seen lately. It has so really awesome wood buttons, heart brads, wood titles, gorgeous ribbons and even tassels, among other items.
 
Here is my layout from the sketch which is below. All the paper is from the kit, the only thing I added that wasn't in the kit was the title.


Look how pretty that ribbon is up close! I added one of the heart brads to the middle. I also took a white gel pen and added so faux stitching down the sides.

 
Here is the sketch from Becky Fletch, who if you aren't familiar with her she has been creating sketches forever and has a site called Page Maps, check it out!
 
 

Products Used:
Club Scrap Crewel and Unusual kit
Club Scrap Weathered Florals Unmounted Stamp
American Craft and Recollections alphabets
white gel pen

Thanks for stopping by today!
Donna

3 comments:

Lisa D said...

Wow! You dug into your new kit ASAP! I haven't even gotten mine yet. What a sweet and proud layout!

Hetty said...

This is toatally adorable.

Julie said...

So fun!