Sunday, February 26, 2012

2-26-12 Tag/Technique/Question

Hello scrappers, today I made this fun tag .
I decided to try and use a sharpie to highlight the puffy stickers, which of course they are cute on their on, but I wanted to really bring them out against the rather blah background. The technique I wanted to try was to use dictionary or newspaper, so I cut it into squares and glued them on in a random way. My question is "What am I taking for granted?"
Let me tell you something I learned. I was watching a inking video and the girl was saying how the Ranger Blending Solution gets rid of or makes the ink lighter. So for some reason this stuck in my head. When I was using the sharpie, I slipped and had a big line across the puffy sticker. So I thought why not use the blending solution. It worked! Took it off like magic. Then the swirly puffy sticker at the bottom is more fabric like, and of course I messed that up too. It took a little more work but the blending solution works for that too, Just be sure it is completely dry before using the sharpie again.
Products I used:
Momenta WONDERLAND PUFFY STICKER ST-2066
Momenta PUFFY TITLE STICKER ST-212912X12 LET'S PARTY PYRAMID PAPER PAD PA-2386
Momenta Flourishes ST-4765
Dictionary pages
Modgepodge
Black Sharpie
Quick Quotes Powderpuff ink
Twine

No comments: