Thursday, October 10, 2013

Funny where inspiration comes from


Hi Donna here with a layout I did with the October Club Q kit. It is funny when and where inspiration strikes for a layout. As usual when I get the kits I pull it all apart and look at the pieces. I saw this tiny little acorn and that was it, and being in Disney mode for scrapping, Kaboom - I knew exactly what I was going to do. What inspired you to do your last layout ?



I loved the piece from the Page Layout Option A kit with all the blocking (first page of the double page layout) and I knew that would be great for my pics, but the word Autumn wouldn't work. But the  I saw the journaling piece from the 2nd page of the kit, cut that out and it fit perfectly into that space where the word Autumn was. To help make the photos stand out I took the borders from the kit and added them to top and bottom, also a perfect fit! The red plastic ring also fit as did the scalloped circle at the top. The colors in these kits are not only great and modern for Autumn layouts, but you can use them for just about anything!



Here is a closeup of the flower cluster. I added a little bit of Java Powderpuff ink around the leaves from the Altered kit to help them stand out a little. When I had them there without the ink they kind of got lost and didn't really look like much of anything. And a little bling is always good!


Product used:
Quick Quotes October Club Q Altered kit and page layout kits
Quick Quotes Powderpuff ink - Java
Jolees Boutique Flocked domes
EK Success Chip and Dale Stickers
Misc flowers





Now hop on over to the Quick Quotes store and check out this months great Club Q kits!

Thanks
Donna

No comments: