Thursday, March 27, 2014

Altered Canvas

Hi everyone, today I am would like to share and altered canvas I made. Not sure if I am going to use it as a cover for a mini album, or actually adhere to the cover of  a 12x12 album.
The first thing I did was cover the canvas that I had from an older Club Q kit, with a thin coat of Gesso, I also put another layout of Gesso on it using a stone template, but in the end it doesn't show up that well, but does give it more texture, especially after I coated it with Quick Quotes Powderpuff Inks. I having been experimenting with my new love, UTEE, and will show you examples of what I came up with for this project. Here is the finished project.

 
 
 For the hearts inked them with Powderpuff inks and then applied a coated of homemade mists. Around the ended a made a mixture of UTEE and Perfect Pearls, and a funny thing happened when I put my heater on it, It didn't really melt smoothly, but rather made little clumps, I am guessing that was because of the Gesso, but I really love the look.

 
I also put UTEE on every single letter, what a task that was, but I wanted to show you how it changes the paper. Pretty cool huh?
 
 
I hope I gave you some inspiration to go and experiment with different mediums. It really is a lot of fun, and if you mess up, just try again! You never know what you can come up.
Here is a list of products used in this project.
Other products, Gesso, UTEE, rope, homemade mist, Perfect Pearls, Stick pin.
 
Thank you for stopping by Quick Quotes!
 
 

 

 

No comments: