Saturday, March 5, 2016

Valentines Day Party with Crewel and Unusual Kit from Club Scrap

Hello fellow scrapbookers,
Today I would like to share with you a double page layout I did using the Crewel and Unusual Kit from Club Scrap.



First of all I really have a problem with empty space on my layouts! So will playing with the papers I decided to bring out my stash of embroidery floss from when I use to do counted cross stitch (pre scrapbooking days!). First I cut out the the flowers from the patterened paper and glued them on the my layout. Looking at the patterned paper I tried to recreate some of the swirls and drew them on my layout. Take a needle I pre-poked the holes just to make it easier to sew. Don't worry about the pencils lines, they get covered up by thread.



And here it is finished. I decided to add some leaves after I was done sewing the vines. I really like how it turned out.

Here is the finished left side. I took some red floss and went around the patterened paper. Both the gold ribbon and red twine is from Club Scrap.

 
Here is the left side. I cut the hearts from Club Scraps Patterened paper, punched holes on either side of each heart, and ran some gold and white floss through them, leaving the floss loose, so I could swirl it.

 
Here's a close up of the banner.
 
Again with the stitching around the title.I love the cute little doilies I picked up at Michaels on sale.
 

 
 Thanks for stopping by today!
Donna Coughlin
 
 
Products Used
Ribbon and red twine from Club Scrap
SEI alphabet
Recollections Doilies
DMC embroidery floss

No comments: