Friday, August 5, 2016

In the Navy

Hi, today I did layout of my dad when he was in the Navy. What I loved about this photo was that my dad wrote the names of the guys at the top of the photo (only wish he wrote the last names!)

I used the Club Scrap Office Space kit for the layout. This layout is a fairly simple sketch, I just used mostly the strips from the kit. I love the upper and lower strips of wordsthat say The Dream Team, workin' for the weekend. I am sure that is how this gang felt when they were allowed to go out on the weekends on leave.

 
In the picture below I took an Office Space Club Stamp File Folder Diecut, then made tiny banners from scraps of paper and the post it notes, added an eyelet and strung the leather cord through the eyelets. When I made the swirls, I dabbed a little bit of glue to the back of the leather only where it intersected. That will hold it and once it is a sleeve there will be no problem.
 

Products Used:


Club Scrap kit Office Space
Office Space Lite kit
Recollections alphabets

Thanks
Donna

1 comment:

Karen Wyngaard said...

Nice layout. I like the paper strips in the background.