Friday, April 28, 2017

Club Scrap Cherry Blossom Team Challenge Blog Hop

Hi there everyone! Welcome to the Club Scrap Cherry Blossom Team Challenge Blog Hop! I am so excited this month because this is one of my favorite kits from Club Scrap. The colors are gorgeous.

You should have come here from Kelly's blog.


 
The challenge was to use the the bouquet unmounted stamps on our creations. So here are three cards I made using the stamps.
 
The Cherry Blossom kit got me in the mood to make Asian themed cards. So the first thing I thought of was those beautiful Chinese screens. I created a the pattern on the Silhouette Cameo and went from there. I stamped various flowers on the screen and then using water colors to paint them.
If you would like the file for the screen just email me and I will gladly send it to you (dscog@verizon.net put SILHOUETTE FILE in the subject line, so I know its not spam)
 
The Cherry Blossom stickers were an easy way to decorate the top of the screen.
 

 
Just wanted to show that the middle lifts up to reveal an area for a message. I used one of the cutouts from the kit underneath.
 

On this card I embossed the purple cardstock with gold glitter and clear embossing (UTEE) on the black cardstock. The tassle is from a previous kit that I shortened and added a gold bead to.  I used a button at the top to "hold" the lantern with some embroidery thread.


This last card I made from the girl from a Silhouette file as well. The cutout was from the kit and the adorable girl fit on the card perfectly. Adding  a ribbon and the cute Silver fan charm from the kit was the final touch. I also used pop tabs behind the girl to make her stand out a little . The stamp if you look closely, it is the flower border near the bottom of her dress.

 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to hop on over to the talented Lisa's blog to see what she created.
 
Thanks
Donna Coughlin
 

11 comments:

Hetty said...

Donna, your cards are all so sweet and wonderful.
Great idea with this month papers in combination with the flowers.

Karen Wyngaard said...

I like the subtle ways you were able to incorporate the Stamped Bouquet images. I think the lantern card (#2) is my favorite! TFS!

Wendy Bellino said...

Oh my goodness these are awesome! I need to look at them again closer up...beautiful work here Donna!

Donna Nuce said...

Wow -- love the cards you made. Thanks for the ideas. Have a great day!

Ink Stained Roni said...

All of your cards are very pretty but I love the one that looks like a screen...very cool!

Capescrapper said...

Stunning! Love the screen, have wanted to make one for a while now. Love the cards especially the embossing!!

APeeling Crafts said...

That screen is a great idea! I love the lift up portion. All your cards are awesome!

Lilian said...

These cards are all so pretty!!!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Finding Your Niche said...

Love the Asian themed cards but that Screen Card is divine!!!

jen t. said...

Omg! Such pretty cards!

Kelly said...

Oh, my gosh! Those screens are something else. They are a reminder that I've had my Silhouette for at least five years and have only taken it out of the box. Thanks for the kick in the seat of the pants!