Thursday, May 18, 2017

Memorial Day Projects

Hello there and this is my first post for Oriental Trading! I am an ambassador and I would love to show you what I did. The  DIY Large wood tray and galvanized pail I decorated myself  with directions below. The Vintage American banner was a perfect touch as were the USA Fireworks paper cups also sold at Oriental Trading.


 To make the tray I took this awesome DIY Large wood tray and painted it white. Around the outer edges I painted a blue and red stripe. Because I am not the neatest painter, to keep my lines straight on this project I used a very thin washi tape around the center.


  I then painted red and blue stars randomly on the inside of the tray. Next take  a Patriot flag and use Modge Podge to adhere to the tray. Since this might get food or liquid on it, I applied another layer of Modge Podge all over the tray.

Here is the side view of finished project
 
 
Inside view of finished project.
 
 
 
 Next I painted the galvanized pail ice bucket, a strip of red at the bottom and blue at the top. Use painters tape to keep things straight when you paint. Using a stencil paint three white stars on each side. Take two Patriot flags (one for each side) and apply Modge Podge and got it good and wet, then applied it on the pail, smoothing out with a damp paper towel to remove any bubbles. Such an easy and fun thing to do.


Now my granddaughters come over for Memorial Day they can enjoy dessert in a  fun and Patriot way by serving these cupcakes topped with these festive Peanuts® Patriotic Fringe Picks.




Next wait till you see the awesome candy firecrackers I made for the girls! So be sure to stop by shortly.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of Oriental Trading crafts!

Thanks
Donna
*Disclaimer: Oriental Trading sent me products in exchange for a blog post; however, all opinions in this post are mine.
 
 
 

1 comment:

jen t. said...

Omg donna! You rocked your first post! Love it all!