Sunday, June 3, 2018

First Post for White Rose Crafts Design Team!

Hello everyone, I am super excited to be part of the White Rose Crafts Design Team!  This store has some very unique items you just can't find in the USA! This week we are featuring Lemon Craft. This Polish company  make some beautiful papers!

Here is my layout - aren't the colors and papers just gorgeous! And for those of you who think you need special tools to distress I have a great tip down below. The base paper was so pretty I didn't want to hide the flowers so I took the wood grain paper and tore it to expose the flowers.

I love how the papers matched my granddaughters shirt!

 
 
Here I made a "Faux Flair" by cutting out a 1 inch circle and adding an epoxy circle to it. Also tucked some of the ephemera into the tears. The Lemoncraft Ephemera Sheets is a  perfect embellishment!
 

I love to get white flowers because then I can add color anyway I want to match my projects. On these flowers I just added some Glimmer Mist to give it a slight color and sparkle. It's hard to see in the photos but the flowers have a little bit a sparkle.


I lifted up the flowers  with some pop tabs and the butterflies I folded in half and just added a bit of glue down the body of the butterfly to adhere it.



Now for my tip. I never can find my distresser when I need it, and you don't need a special tool to distress edges.  I always have scissors laying everywhere on my desk it is just as easy to use them.  Just run your scissor blade along the edge to get the same effect.

 
 
Products Used:
 
                                   LemonCraft Gossamer Blue Collection 12"x12" Paper Set
                                      Tim Holtz Distress Oxides Ink Pad - Broken China
                                         Other items, Burlap, epoxy dots, chipboard title, bling. Tim Holtz words
 
Thanks for stopping by
Donna Coughlin