Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy April Fools Day!

Hello everyone, can you believe it is the first day of April already? Time for me to think of a joke to pull on my husband. Usually I do something like tell him I have a flat tire (after I just got new tires) but this year I have to come up with something really good. I would love to hear your favorite April Fool joke.
This month at Quick Quotes the Design Team is featuring the 6X6 paper pads along with Kiwi Lane Designs. I just love all the new 6x6 paper pads. You get all the pattern in the line, plus bonus journaling spots and some quotes. The great thing about the patterns in the 6x6 pads are they are perfect for making banners or other small items for your pages or cards without the pattern being overwhelming.


Items used:
Quick Quotes Stowaway Chipboard Die Cuts
Quick Quotes Stowaway 6x6 Paper Pad
Quick Quotes Stowaway SW 200
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Ink Mocha Mama
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Ink Baja Blue
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Ink Coconut
Kiwi Lane Designs Template - Mini border
Kiwi Lane Designs Template - Photo Mat
Misc gems, bling, flowers buttons, divine twine

I wanted to show you how I used the Kiwi Lane Photo Mat template when designing my layout. These templates are great to use. Also the nice thing about the templates are you can see through them and can move the border to see which part of the paper you would like to use before cutting the actual paper. The Quick Quotes 6X6 paper pads are perfect for making hexagons and banners!

 
I wanted to show you a close up of how great the Powderpuff Inks are. I am one of the biggest fans of these inks, I use them all time. This chipboard dragonfly was kraft colored, so I first inked in all in the Coconut color, dabbed on some Baja Blue and then took Mocha Mama and gently tapped the top of the chipboard so the raised embossing part would pick up the brown.














Please visit my blog Hawthorne Hills if you get a chance and thanks for stopping by Quick Quotes Donna

No comments: