Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Surf's Up!

Attention all beach lovers! Surf's Up with the New Quick Quotes 6x8 Be Bold mini album This month the design team are featuring four new mini albums. Quick Quotes has a fabulous variety of mini albums, that are ready for you to put in your pictures, but when you start embellishing them, it really brings out your personality, besides being a lot of fun to do!

The Be Bold album has colors that are so bright and colorful, you are going to love it! On the cover I added some bright ribbon to the wire binding. Since this was going to be about a trip to beach, I added a Ranger Memory Capsule. Throughout the album I used Quick Quotes Be Bold 6x6 Paper Stack which of course compliments the album perfectly!


As you can see, from the Be Bold paper stack I found the saying "Paradise Found" which I placed behind the capsule. I used Quick Quotes Powderpuff Blue Hawaaiin, Marachino Cherry and Lemondade inks to color the some of shells, and it worked out great! It is so much fun to experiment with the Powderpuff inks, you just never know how useful they can be in your projects.

 
Here are some of my favorite pages. As you can see I used the paper stack to make colorful yellow frames for the pictures and found some nice quotes as well. As you can see I liked coloring the shells so much it was used throughtout my mini album.  I also used sand mixed with Elmers glue to create a border on with some shells. 

 
There are so many fun quotes and sayings to find the paper packs! 


This next page I think is my favorite. I used a large bottlecap to make a kind of shadowbox. the netting from the Dollar Store I bought for Halloween but never used. I some beach diecuts I found laying around  in my stash. I did find out the more I dabbed the shells into the Powderpuff ink pad the darker it became. The red and the yellow really pop.

The wave border I found in my stash, was a great way to add a journaling card and a quote, simply  adhere only the bottom of the waves. The Quick Quotes chipboard also is a good compliement to add to your mini album.  Below I used the chipboard phrase Good Times from the new Quick Quotes Be Bold line. The complete collection of Be Bold can be found here. Check it out,  if you love the beach, you will fall in love with the all the fabulous papers and embellishments.



Products used:
NEW! Quick Quotes 6x8 Be Bold! Wire Bound Mini Album
NEW! Quick Quotes Be Bold 6x6 Paper Pack
Quick Quotes Powderpuff Inks - see all available colors!
NEW! Quick Quotes Be Bold Chipboard Diecuts
Seashells and sand
Elmers glue
Large Bottlecap
Netting
K&Co Beach Die Cuts
Misc flowers

Thanks again for visiting Quick Quotes. Don't forget to come back all this month and see how the other design team members created their mini albums, I'm sure they will get tons of inspiration to start creating your own Quick Quotes mini albums.

Donna

No comments: