Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July Quick Quotes Club Q kit




Today I like to show you a canvas I made with Quick Quotes Club Q Altered July kits. These kits are so packed with fun laser cut die-cuts that the possibilities for these kits are endless. There are instructions but if your like me I like to toss them aside, pull everything out of the kits and see what I can create with it, and this is what I came up with. I decided to tear some paper and layer it. I also inked the edges of the frame with Quick Quotes Mocha Mama Powderpuff Ink. Finally before putting a layer of ModPodge on I added some word definitions from an old dictionary, if you look closely they say love, music, harmony, also brushing them with a wash of diluted paint. For the birdcage I put a thin layer of gesso  and then coated it with a thin layer of gold. I used the reverse side of the canvas so I could leave a hole in which I bent the bird slightly to fit the hole I left behind. For the bird I used Quick Quotes Red hot Powderpuff ink and added some gold highlights. 

Before applying Modpodge, the edges where I ripped were white and I wanted them to look more vintage. So what I did was dip a paintbrush into brown paint, and then swoosh my brush around in a little bit of water to give me a wash, I then proceeded to put a layer of watered down paint all over the paper and I love how it created this effect on the edges.

 


Products used:

Quick Quotes Club Q Altered July kits
Quick Quotes Mocha Mama Powderpuff Ink
Quick Quotes Chipboard Bird Cage
Quick Quotes Red Hot Powderpuff Ink
Recollections Flower
Heart pin
dictionary words
Modpodge
Gesso
Thanks for visiting Quick Quotes, be sure to check out the Club Q kits this month, if you haven't already.
Donna

No comments: