Thursday, November 14, 2013

Velumn Flowers

Today I wanted share with you some velumn flowers I made. I found this idea after watching several Youtube videos and took a combination of ideas to make these.


First I started out with Quick Quotes Bundles Travel and Family and pulled out several sheets of the velumn and embossed some of them. After the first my first flower and leaves I realized the embossing wasn't showing up like I wanted, so the two smaller ones I skipped the embossing. .Cut six  flowers on the Cricut use dies. Then ink them with Quick Quotes Powderpuff ink, after that dries hold the six flowers together, punch a hole, and put a brad or eyelet in the center. Now here where the fun comes in, spray with Creative Imagination mist (gold) on both sides of the flowers, take a heat gun and dry until it just starts curling. Using your hand shape the leaves while the are still warm or you can let it go and let nature do it's thing. I love the way it curled up in the middle.
And here is the layout I made using the flowers. Can anyone guess what the scallop from at top right hand over the banner is from? It is from the bow on top of the present from the Quick Quotes Birthday Bag o' Chips. Earlier I had messed up the package part, but being a hoarder of scrapbook supplies I kept it around to repurpose!

 
Products used:
                                            Quick Quotes NEW Beautiful Life Collection
White cardstock
Want2Scrap bling
Gesso
Misc Embellishments
 
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you get to try these velumn flowers.
 
 

No comments: