Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Little Details

I decided to show you my favorite little details from the past two years. The best thing about crafting is adding those little touches that to me just makes the project! I had so many I loved, but I did cut it down! LOL In no particular order....

 I love making my own flowers, as you will see, I made this from ribbons and the white one I added a paper center.
 
Adding some bling in the middle of flowers cut out from patterned paper is fun, these awesome papers were from Fancy Pants.

 
The rosette I made but I just love hearts and the girl 

 
These rosettes from LYB  were made for an all black and white wedding project. I added some ribbon around the cluster and some antique buttons, and of course bling!
 
Aren't this acorns cute! Made from burlap and cross stitch fabric. Perfect with the Bo Bunny Camp A Lot paper.
 
I think these flowers were my favorite from some kind of white string I found, and inked the stuffings out of it, and burlap and the leaves were made from packing material I found laying around. Added some metal and that dartboard, perfect for a teenage layout.

 
The Santa embellishments I made using Tim Holtz technique, of transferring a picture onto plastic and backing it with foil, also used some Christmas decorations that had fallen apart.
 
 
'
This is a favorite mini album, I used so many materials on this page alone, deck of cards, metal, burlap, chipboard, stickers, velvet leaves.

 
LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors in this album. Used seashells, stickers, ink Magic Mesh and even sand. The beautiful albums were both made with Quick Quotes paper. I tried to add these elements to every page to make the album flow.
 
 
The awesome flowers I made from velumn quotes which I inked and curled, working with Quick Quotes I had so many sayings and what a great way to use them.
 
My hand cut - burlap and sewed star! MME has a great patriotic line.


 
We went on a cruise and on Pirate night they gave everyone eye patches, so I had to keep that and the gold Mickey shape was from a show called the Golden Mickeys from the same cruise, they feel from the ceiling at the end of the show, and I had my son going around cleaning them up for me! I knew I was going to use in scrapbooking.


This was a couple of years back, but I made the rosette from cardboard (not easy!) And who doesn't have a ton of popsicle sticks from rub-ons, so I used mine to write little messages to my son and stuck them in a burlap bag and attached it to the layout, Gesso is used to make brick in the background.

No comments: