Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Lovin With Quick Quotes

Hi, Donna here today with the new line from Quick Quotes called Sheer Joy, and it was a joy to work with this paper line. I love the beach and Sheer Joy is just perfect not only for beach layouts, but for all your summer layouts. I also want to share with you a couple of techniques I used, but here is my beachy layout.

 
When I first saw this piece of cardstock, I knew I had to cut it apart into strips and distress the edges. 
 
 
However, after doing that I still wasn't satisfied, so in inked them with  new Caribbean Blue Powderpuff ink. Still was happy  (hey, I am hard to please, lol) I misted it with water and crumbled all the strips together in a ball. I had done this before with flowers but never with strips of paper. To my surprise the strips turned out super cool, because of the ink and the water some of the ink got into the creases of paper.
 
 
 
Oh I still wasn't happy so I sprayed some Radiant Rain mist on them and after I glued them to my sheet of paper - this is how it looked.

 
I also like to experiment with other materials on my pages. On this layout I used a cloth bath scrungee I got at Target like for a dollar. After inking it with Mocha Mama ink I cut it to make a border and a background for the quote. I also added some tiny seashells I had leftover from a project last year. The beach fence is actually pieces from a wicker basket that was falling apart. I inked them with the Mocha Mama ink and then because I thought they looked too round, I took a small hammer to flatten them which also helped in making them look old and distressed. Then I just took some string and tied them all together. So get creative and just look around your house and see what you  can re-purpose in your creations!


 
 
Quick Quotes Sheer Joy
Quick Quotes Sheer Joy
Quick Quotes Sheer Joy
Quick Quotes Sheer Joy
K & Co Chipboard pieces
Radiant Rain
Seashells
Bath Scrungee
String
Seashells

Thanks for stopping by Quick Quotes and I hope you are having a great summer!
 
Donna

No comments: