Monday, September 15, 2014

Life is Good with Quick Quotes and Want2scrap

Hello everyone, Donna Coughlin here to present to you a layout I did using Quick Quotes and Want2scrap products. It's already the middle of September and I've been thinking about fall with all the orange, yellow and brown leaves that I will have to rake soon! This layout is of my son in law, and two beautiful granddaughters last fall so this was a perfect opportunity to scrap a fall layout. Did you know Want2scrap has templates now? I was lucky enough to be able to with the brick stencil and use the awesome new line from Quick Quotes called Sheer Joy.

 
I want to explain to you how I used the brick stencil in reverse as I did in the corners of my layout. First I took some gesso and using and old plastic card spread it all over the stencil.
 
Then lay the stencil in the area you wish to have the bricks. Very carefully take a piece of scrap paper and lay it on the stencil and press very gently.
 

 
And this is a close up of what it looks like, I did not want perfect bricks and I love how it looks.
 

I also used the stencil on a piece of paper I tore and distressed with Quick Quotes Powderpuff ink. The using the brick stencil and the plastic card spread it on the scrap piece of paper being careful not to go over the ends of the paper. Adding the Want2Scrap white pearls looks great against the Quick Quotes Sheer Joy paper.
 

Products Used:
Coming Soon to Quick Quotes!
      Sheer Joy 300
      Sheer Joy Die Cut Stickers
      Dream Big 200
Quick Quotes Bag o chips Fall Leaves
Cracklin Rose 6x6 Paper Pad
Beautiful Life 300
Powderpuff Ink Mango Mai Tai
Powderpuff Ink Mocha Mama
Powderpuff Ink Lemondade
Want2Scrap Decorative Pin
Want2Scrap Frilly Florish Swirl - White pearls
Want2Scrap Stencil Brick
Petaloo butterfly
gesso



No comments: