Saturday, September 6, 2014

Gorgeous Girls

Hello everyone, Donna Coughlin here today and we have a super fun month at Quick Quotes. We've teamed up with the fabulous Want2Scrap company, and if you never had any of their bling, you HAVE to go and get some. I used other brands of bling before, but I found Want2Scrap to be superior. I never have any problems laying it on my pages and it always looks fabulous! Look how pretty the rhinestones looks when paired with Quick Quotes paper.


 
My tip today is "Don't stress about distressing" I know a few of you scrappy friends are afraid to rip or distress paper, but you really cannot go wrong. Here is an example of what happened to me when doing this layout. I was distressing the edges of my paper, and I don't even now how I did this, but I tore the paper about half way down. So instead of just tossing the paper and starting over I just ripped it some more and and put it on my layout as it was (after distressing some more of course). So when scrapping gives you lemons, make lemonade! If something is ripped or a drop of glue got on your layout, embellishment it, or put another strip of paper over it. Almost always you can cover up your mistake, so don't worry so much and have fun!

 
I learned how to curve a title on the Silhouette today. I forget which you tube I googled, but it was super  easy. I almost always using brads in tags, but these Want2Scrap Rhinestones
 
are perfect!

Another beautiful swirl by Want2scrap and doesn't it look so pretty paired up with this paper line from Quick Quotes?


Products Used:
Petaloo flowers
Other flowers
 
Thanks for stopping by Quick Quotes.
Donna
 

 

 

 


No comments: