Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Metal from Quick Quotes

Hi everyone, Donna Coughlin here today with a layout I did using Quick Quotes new Unique Rustic Patina Metal Embellishments. Aren't they beautiful?  On my layout I wanted to alter the color to match the layout and below I will give you some tips on how I accomplished this. I just love how shiny and smooth the metals got after embossing.
  
 
 With the holidays approaching I was thinking about how amazing my daughter is, and this is a tribute to her. She does so much for everyone, I really don't know when she sleeps! I cut out everything she is to other people using different fonts.



Designer Tip: Emboss metal embellishments to match your layout. This turned out easier than I thought, but ALWAYS test it on the back before to make sure the color turns out right. My first instinct was to use alcohol inks, but the colors I had did not match when I tried them out. I found some embossing powder that was called Huckleberry and when I applied it worked out great.
The rose below does not look like the rose that comes with package, because I had to pull out the center part so I could emboss it. I just added brad in the middle when done. Also, the metals get extremely HOT when embossing so be sure not to touch them until they are cooled down.

 
 Be sure to press your flower into the embossing ink several times to get into all those nooks and crannies. I had to go back and emboss it again to get underneath. 



Products used:

Other products: brad, American Craft Thickers, black cardstock, wood arrows and hearts.

Thanks for stopping by Quick Quotes and have a Happy Holidays to all the members of the Quick Quotes team and especially to you!

Donna
 

No comments: