Friday, February 20, 2015

New wheels

Hi everyone, Donna here with a project I made using Quick Quotes new line Joy Ride and Gypsy Road. I was inspired by the names alone to do this project of my husbands first ever new car!  Last year we had a terrible hail storm and it totaled my car. Well my husband never, ever had a new car so off we went to look for a new car, he fell in love with the Ford Explorer. Anyway, for this project I could not decide which line to use, so I ended up using a bit of both!


Here is the tire I cut from my Silhouette. I added some screw brads to replicate lug nuts. I also added some "oil spills" using black paint.


On the chipboard key and the journaling tag which was made from Grungeboard I used Quick Quotes Powderpuff ink. What an easy way to color  these items, no paint brushes just dab it on until you get the desired effect.  As you can see it pretty much looks the same. The only difference is the grungeboard has a little bit of texture, but totally awesome and easy!

 
Product Used:
Other products: Screw brads, Tim Holtz Grungeboard, Maya Rd chipboard key, Tattered Angels Car, K&Co "want" Clip
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get to check out the new lines from Quick Quotes, besides Gypsy Road and Joy Ride they also have a beautiful line called Catalina Island!
 
Donna Coughlin

No comments: