Sunday, March 1, 2015

Layering

Hello Quick Quote fans, Donna here today  an
 
d I would like to show you a layout of my dad. This is the only picture I have of him when he was a little boy. My dad didn't smile much so I always thought it was funny they called him "Sunny" but not until I much older did I realize it was spelled "Sonny", for son not the sun!


See how fabulous the metal flowers work with the Quick Quotes Alton line. I love Quick Quotes inks and use them on almost every layout. The chipboard bird I took Coal Miner ink and just dabbed it slightly until I got some shadows. The hexagons are inked as well, which helps define the edges.


Designer tip: Layer it! Layering under a picture and even different size shapes can have a dramatic effect.  I have four layers on the picture. I like to do this to make the smaller picture look larger on a 12x12 layout. I took two sizes of  hexagons and layered them as well.



Products Used:
Quick Quotes Treasure Chest paper
Other Products: Misc. chipboard, brads, bling, metal pieces, Carolee's Love Lorn Alphabet, Recollections tape.
Thanks for stopping by Quick Quotes.
Donna Coughlin

No comments: