Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Altering Chipboard with Powderpuff inks

Hi, Donna here today with a layout I did for my Hometown Landmarks album I have been working on for the past couple of months. Here is Berks County, PA there is a lot of history and this Pagoda was built back in 1906 atop of Mt. Penn in Reading (pronounced redding). 
 

 
 
 


Now onto the altered chipboard! I took two different approaches. For the frame I covered it with Gesso and used the material to help give it some texture.


After it dried I added some Sunset Powderpuff ink, doesn't have to be uniform, actually better if not.


Dab some Mocha Mama ink.
 


 
 
And finally added sparsely some Midnight Confessions ink.

 
The finished project, I loved how it turned out!

 
For the swirl piece of chipboard, I simply added some Green Tea ink. Then took heavy embossing powder and heated it up, be careful not to torch the chipboard, mine started smoking (yikes!). My embossing ink pad is starting to dry out and I was going to put a second coat on to even it out, but I kind of like this look!

 
Products Used:
Other Products:
Chipboard, Creative Imaginations and 7 Gypsies brads, American Craft Foam Thickers
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

Donna Coughlin

No comments: