Friday, June 5, 2015

Disney Album Cover

Hi Donna here with an album cover I did for Inspiration Station. Anyone who knows me knows my two loves (after my family of course!) are scrapbooking and Disney!

I bought this album (on sale of course) by American Crafts, it is one of those kinds you have to finish yourself to put my Disney trip from 2007 in this album thinking I would do the cover....8 years later I finally put my mind to it.

I used a combination of Simple Stories Magic, Queen & Co Magic and Moxie Magical Memories papers and embellishments.  I only use 3 ring binders and since I scrap so much, I use a lot albums! I try to get them on sale or discount whenever I can and since I am not picky about the albums I get whatever I can.

First thing I did was use acrylic paint the brown fabric part with red the rest of the album in black. Looks  Disney like already!

 
I made the "Disney" title and the Mickey head shape on my Silhouette. Anyone who wants these svg files, shoot me an email at dscog@verizon.net and in the subject line put Disney SVG and I will be glad to share them with you!
 
I used ModPodge to apply everything.


Close up of the Queen and Co woodie pieces, they are so adorable. I just used some ink and the imagine sticker is from Simple Stories.


I always mark my album sides so when they are on the shelf I can identify what is in the album. I used a Simple Stories tag, a button and Queen ad Co stickers. After I was finished I applied another coat of Modpodge to help seal in the paint and to keep the paper secure, (except for the wood pieces I added them after)


Inside the album cover I made a pocket to put in all my Disney papers, maps, etc I saved because what else do you do with them? The Mickey head is another SVG I have.


Close up

Another close up of the pocket

 
I had so much fun doing this, I want to get more of these albums! Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit Inspiration Station for all your Disney needs!

Donna

No comments: