Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Club Scrap Stencil Challenge

Hi everyone, Donna here today with my first project for Club Scrap. First I would like to say I am thrilled to be part of this fantastic group! Second the kits are phenomenal and when I received this kit it just screamed Irish to me. Luckily for me we go to the St Patty's Day parade every year in upstate PA. The little town of Girardville puts on this huge parade and everyone parties from morning to night. My son being half Irish is no exception to this! He took my camera and was taking selfies of himself and I just loved the way his eyes looked in this picture.

 
 
Todays layout was based on a stencil challenge from club scrap. The first thing I did was used the Nice to see you stencil and using black ink just dabbed it on.
Next I took the Twin Tags Honeycomb stencil and using Gesso added that randomly to the layout. When dried I took some diluted paint and dabbed it over the Gesso, giving it some depth.
 
 


This card from the kit was painted and splattered with green acrylic paint that I watered down. My original intention was to be a journaling card, but when I was doing the layout I decided to cut out the design and glued to the right of the picture.

 
 
 
Of course what would St Patrick's Day be with a four leaf clover? So I took the fiber in the kit and made one myself by simply pulling the fibers through the button and making to bows. The fiber I dampen a bit by using some tacky glue watered down, and the reason I did this was so I could make the bows rounded and they would stiffen and retain their shape. Then I glued the button onto Silver embroidered accent doily. The very last thing I did was add the Rhinestones and this was completely random. I actually just sprinkled some of the rhinestones out of the wheel and where they landed is where I glued them to layout!


 
Products used from Club Scrap:
Other products, Gesso, paint, ink, metal accents pieces.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I inspired you to try some new techniques!
Donna Coughlin

16 comments:

Ink Stained Roni said...

Very cool LO Donna - love your use of the stencils and that 4 leaf clover is great!!

TFS!

Unknown said...

Very nice!!!
Josette

Karen Wyngaard said...

What a fun layout! The Woven Strands collection is perfect for St. Patty's photos and I love your handmade four-leaf clover. Very clever!

Lisa D said...

How clever! I love the multiple stencils you used. The clover...perfect embellishment!

Debbie Weller said...

Love the layout - awesome technique and cute pic too!!

Hetty said...

Wonderful scrap page, Donna and welcome to the team!

Annette said...

Very cool.

Carolyn said...

Great LO! Welcome to the DT!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!

Love using stencils.

Capescrapper said...

WOW - what an awesome layout Donna! Don't you just love when the kiddos take selfies, so cute!!
Your details are wonderful and the use of the stencil is perfect!

Ruby Wilkes said...

Awesome!and welcome

Tricia Morris said...

What a gorgeous layout. I absolutely love it! Welcome, and way to rise to the challenge! :)

Patti W said...

I love all the layers! and your son's pic is precious.

Rettaescape said...

Welcome! Wow! I love all the little details in your layout and stencils! Beautiful!

Lilian said...

Beautiful layout!!! Love the embellishments!!!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Beach Girl 115 said...

So cool, and what a great four leaf clover.