Thursday, July 7, 2016

Diva

Hello Donna here with a layout I did using Club Scrap's new July Kit called Office Space. Here is a peek of what you get in the kit. Of course this kit is fabulous for office layouts, but today because it has such a retro look, I wanted to do something different.

 
Instead of cutting squares and trying to place them evenly across the paper, I used my die cutting machine and this way I can add the paper to the back. Not only is this good because your squares are straight but if you see a  pattern you don't like where it is after you are done, it can be removed it easily and replaced with something else. I photographed this against green background for dramatic effect but on my layout I used pink. I put a piece of patterned paper in the bottom right hand corner so you can get an idea of what it looks like.
 


My mom grew up in the 50's with costume jewelery and mink stoles! She had a barrel of her clothes and I remember wearing that mink stole when I was kid. The chipboard pieces and the cards below the title, I had in my stash since around 2005! I knew I had these pictures of my mom and someday I was going to scrap them. Better late than never! And since she was always about bling, I added some gems, jewels and sequins. I think she would have loved this layout!

The border under the picture is from the Silhouette store and is called borders round square retro #9877, I thought it was perfect for this layout.


Here is a close up of the title and those cards. If you can't read them they are quite humorous. The first one say Glamourious, she puts the "high" in maintence (definitely my mom! lol) and the second one reads Vixen, She is irrestible to men.

 

Products Used:
Club Scrap's new July Kit Office Space
Misc bling, jewels and sequins
Glamourious and Vixen cards (unknown maker)

No comments: