Here is the right side of the layout. Some of the wood elements I added were the sticks and buttons from the kit. But I also found some awesome wood alphabets and butterfly in my stash.
I cut some leaves from the 8 x 1/2 X 11 garden words paper and the pieces of burlap added a feel of garden to the layout.
Have you ever wanted to make something looked distressed but don't have crackle. Here is a technique I used when I turned an old door into a corner bookshelf for my dining room. I wanted to hide those radiator pipes. This worked so well I thought I would incorporate it into the wood elements this month.
1. Paint the wood sticks from the kit with a base coat. I used gray and added a smidegeon black. Allow to dry thoroughly.
2. Brush surface with Elmers white glue and brand wood glue, a thicker coat will result in larger cracks. For my project I used one part water and one part glue.
3. When glue is tacky, apply a thick coat of top coat. In this example the top one was not quite dry, but I put the paint on anyway and it worked the same, as the bottom one that was drier.
4. Let dry and there you have it. Sad thing is it looks like my fence out back! Time for me to start painting! But I ended up not using them for a fence like I originally intented, as you saw in the layout.
Other products, wood alphabet and butterfly, ink, paint, glue, burlap, brads.
Thanks for stopping by.