Monday, May 5, 2014

Sunshine and Spring!

Happy Spring everyone! Quick Quotes has some new lines and today I used Calypso which is just filled with gorgeous flowers and spring like colors. I made this layout using the sketch below drawn by Karan Gerber, she has a sketch site called Sketchabilities and I just love how timeless her sketches are. The flower embellishments I used were raw chipboard and all I did was added color to them using Quick Quotes Powderpuff Inks, my favorite all time, go to ink!

 
 
Also here is a little tip I have for getting out all of those little pieces of paper that seem to get stuck in with your Silhoutte or Cricut.  I took a piece of duct tape, and made it a little less sticky by blotting it with a towel, then laying my die cut on the tape I took a pointy tool and pushed the little pieces through the die cut. By doing this,  all those scraps stay stuck to the tape and are not all over the place. Don't know why I didn't think of this before.
 

 
Products used
Miscellaneous brads and ribbon
 
Thanks for visiting Quotes Quotes today!
 
 
 

No comments: