Thursday, April 2, 2015

First Haircut

Hello everyone, today I did a layout for The Inspiration Station  Kaisercrafts "Off the Wall" collection. It is so awesome for a man or teenage boy, but today I want to show you, you can also make a project using softer side with this collection, and use it for a toddler, or even a girl!

 
The first thing I did on this layout was the paint splatters and paint rings by using  the paint lid! Of course I washed it before putting the lid back on. The I took some navy blue paint and diluted it, about 20% water and 80% paint and drop some splatters randomly. I diluted it even more about 50/50 to make the lighter colored splatters.
 
 
I went and made some stars and the awesome tag using the stamps from Kaisercraft that coordinate with the kit.
 
 
Now I will show you how to make journaling lines on your layout using this awesome ruler from Tim Holtz that is also sold at The Inspiration Station. I LOVE this ruler and use it all time. I love that it is see through and use it often for journaling, measuring of course, and when I hand sew on my layouts.
 
 
 
I don't know if you can read the instructions so here it is:
1. Find a starting point, here I used the top of the sticker and the black cardstock as my guidelines. I drew a line from 1/8' to the 2" line. I started at the bottom for this layout, but depending where the journaling will be placed, I sometimes start at the top and work down.
 
 
 
2. Using the first drawn line as a guide, I chose the dotted line above the 1/4' because I write kind of big. 


3. I continued up the page until I had the desired number of lines.



4. Time to do some journaling! I added a sticker up at the top that was in the kit.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope I inspired you to do some journaling!
 
Donna

No comments: