Thursday, December 10, 2015

Fabulous Fall

Hi Donna here with a layout I did using Quick Quotes Whistlin' Dixie. With winter arriving soon I wanted to scrap some the pictures from this fall. This is such a fun line with beautiful fall colors and some awesome patterns! My granddaughters enjoy this time of year getting ready for Halloween, picking pumpkins and painting them as well.
\
 
Here is a close up of the banner, besides using the banners that are with the Whistlin' Dixie sticker pack I cut some additional banners using leftover pieces of paper and burlap.
 


Designer Tip.
Here is a tip on how to cut perfectly even banner wedges. Start with a strip of paper, I always make mine a little longer than needed because you can always trim them later.


Next fold it half without creasing the paper, this may take some practice but once you get the hang of it, so easy. This picture may looked like it is folded in half, but really it is just the angle.

 

Now this was the tricky part for me trying to cut the paper and take a picture, but I think you can see, while you are holding it like the picture above, cut at angle.


 
 
And here you are a perfectly cut banner!

 
 
Products Used:
Other: Burlap, clothing tag, Queen and Co Felt Flowers, Carta Bella Decorative Brads.
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and go out and enjoy the fall!

Donna Coughlin
 

 

No comments: