Saturday, August 12, 2017

Burlap starfish pillow

 
 
Hello fellow crafters, Today I made this pillow using items from  Oriental Trading crafts . I used stencils from Club Scrap and a Sharpie on a 12x18 piece of burlap for Oriental Tradings large burlap roll and one of the starfish from the Natural Dyed Philippine Starfish Assortment . You may to adjust your canvas size depending on the size of length of your stencil.
 This was just what I needed for my outdoor glider. Now I have to make another one for he other side.
 

The first thing I did was put painters tape around the edges to prevent fraying. What you can also do it put a coat of Modpodge around the edges.

 

 Next you stencil your word(s) or phrase in the center, but sure when you are centering to leave room for the starfish. I used Club Scrap stencils and they were the perfect size.

I forgot to take pictures of the seams but here is what I did.

 
Hope you enjoyed this project. I was pretty easy to do.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today
 
Donna
 
*Disclaimer: Oriental Trading sent me products in exchange for a blog post; however, all opinions in this post are mine.
 

No comments: